As of March 01, 2019 the following seven (7) video formats and two (2) audio file format will be the only allowed formats uploaded to our servers. Please see the important highlighted comments below regarding the number of alternate clip formats/resolutions per unique video which will be allowed. We are reverting back to the current upload limits while we continue to research the best solution for everyone - studios, customers, and Clips4Sale.
What is Clips4Sale's Ultimate Goal?
In addition to reverting back to the current upload limits for alternate clip formats/resolutions, the new search allows a customer to sort out formats/resolutions they do not wish to see which allows them to filter out unwanted clips. Our ultimate goal is to allow only one (1) HD file to be uploaded per unique clip and then give the customer the ability to choose the file type they want on download by converting files on demand to other formats and resolutions. As we get closer to being able to offer file conversion on demand to customers we will update studios so you have enough time to transition to the new upload system as well.
Recommended Video Format:
Alternate Video Formats:
Recommended Audio Only Format:
Alternate Audio Only Format:
FILE TYPES NO LONGER ALLOWED AS OF MARCH 01, 2019
IMPORTANT NOTE: We will not be removing any currently uploaded and activated content in the above noted formats, but as of March 1st you will not be able to upload any of the file types listed and you will not be able to activate them on your store.
BEST UPLOADING PRACTICES & RULES FOR CLIPS4SALE
1. File Format: We are reverting back to our original rules with regard to the number of alternate clip formats/resolutions that can be uploaded for each unique clip while we further investigate a file format solution that will be beneficial to all studios, as well as our customers.
The maximum allowed uploads is reverting back to FOUR (4) FORMATS per Unique Clip. We strongly recommend that your clip is exported in the highest resolution available to you. NOTE: The most popular and preferred file format by customers is: MP4
WARNING: Do not spam updates by adding miscellaneous and duplicate clip formats or more than four (4) versions of the same clip to the site.
We recommend uploading only the most popular formats which are:
Studios that abuse clip updates to be featured repeatedly on the "Recently Updated" lists will have their clips deleted from the servers without notice. In addition, studios who continue to violate this rule will have their stores blocked from being advertised in the Recently Updated lists - stores will no longer appear on the lists once blocked.
2. File Specifications: The following are the stated specifications for all video clips:
• Clip file size must be no greater than 4GB
• Clip file duration must be greater than 2 minutes.
• Clip file size must be greater than 1MB.
• Clip file name may contain only alphanumeric (abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz 0123456789), hyphens, and underscores (e.g., my_vid_1432.mp4)
• Clips file names should NOT have any additional periods (e.g., myvid.1432.mp4)
• Minimum clip dimensions are 320X240
3. Resolution: You should be focused on uploading the highest resolution clips possible, which would be 4K clips, and if you do not yet have the ability to film in 4K then the highest possible resolution should be your sole focus for any editing and updating.
4. Clip Time/Length: Avoid cutting clips 10 minutes or less into smaller parts. Try to have clips which are 10 minutes+ in length as they tend to be the more popular length purchased by customers.
5. Clips Descriptions: Always write a clip description that is at least three (3) full sentences which accurately describes what is happening in the clip. Customer feedback has shown us that they rely on the clip descriptions almost as much as the clip image or clip preview when deciding whether or not to purchase a clip.
6. Custom Keywords: Always list the model's name as one of your custom keywords in your clips. It's the easiest way for a customer to find their favorite model when searching on the site.
How many brand new clips can I post each day?
You can post as many brand new, never before posted clips as you like to your store.
Avoid cutting clips 10 minutes or less into smaller parts. Try to have clips which are 10 minutes+ in length as they tend to be the more popular length purchased by customers. We do consider any clip cut into multiple 2 minute segments spamming, and your store will be flagged for this behavior.
What about re-posting old, previously posted clips?
Clip posting rules have always stated that clips can not be removed and re-posted.
All content posted to the site must be new, never before posted clips.
Studios are not allowed to scam the system - meaning we do not allow studios to repost old clip content in an attempt to have a clip featured more than once in the "Recently Updated" lists.
What is the most popular clip format and specs?
H.264 Video Codec
AAC-LC Audio Codec
16.9 Aspect Ratio (horizontal)
What are the most popular clip resolutions?
HD 1080p (1920x1080) @30fps
- Video Bitrate Range: 3,000 - 6,000 Kbps
4K 2160p (3840x2160) @30fps
- Video Bitrate Range: 13,000 - 34,000 Kbps
How do I know the correct resolution for my clip?
Industry standard states that it's the height of the video which determines the resolution.
For example, if your clip is 854x480 then it is a 480p video. If your clip is 1920x1080 then it is 1080p video and so on.
What size clip should I consider an SD clip?
480p (854x480 = 16:9 aspect ratio) would be considered a standard definition clip.
- Video Bitrate Range: 500 - 2,000 Kbps
If you choose to post in SD, this would be the option we recommend.
What should I do if I see other stores not following the rules?
Please let us know, you can even contact us anonymously - https://support.clips4sale.com
The rules are in place for everyone so that all studios get the same amount of exposure and customers have the best experience on the site too!
I have more questions, who should I ask?
If you have any additional questions, please contact support so we can assist you: https://support.clips4sale.com