Once you have your first ten (10) unique clips filmed and edited (if you choose to do any editing - this is entirely up to you, clips do not have to be edited, but some content producers want to add titles and watermarks, etc. to their clips) it's time to begin adding content to your studio.
Note: A unique clip is either a clip of a different scenario or it can be the separate parts of one long clip, for example if you have a 60 minute clip, you could cut the clip into four parts (each 15 minutes long). You would then have five (5) unique clips:
• Full 60 Minute Clip (timestamp = 00:00:00 to 60:00:00)
• Part 1 (the first 15 minutes of the clip - timestamp = 00:00:00 to 15:00:00)
• Part 2 (the next 15 minutes of the clip - timestamp = 15:00:00 to 30:00:00)
• Part 3 (the last 15 minutes of the clip - timestamp = 30:00:00 to 45:00:00)
• Part 4 (the last 15 minutes of the clip - timestamp = 45:00:00 to 60:00:00)
Unique clips should have unique file names, for example using the clip above, a file name sequence may look like:
Each unique clip should also have a unique clip title when adding your content on the ADD CLIPS to your store, for example using the clip above, a clip name sequence may look like:
• My New Foot Fetish Clip - Full (mp4)
• My New Foot Fetish Clip - Part 1 (mp4)
• My New Foot Fetish Clip - Part 2 (mp4)
• My New Foot Fetish Clip - Part 3 (mp4)
• My New Foot Fetish Clip - Part 4 (mp4)
In order to begin adding your clips to your studio you can upload your clips three (3) ways:
1. You can add each clip individually using the ADD CLIPS page.
2. You can upload all of your clips (bulk uploader) to your dedicated server space using the NEW UPLOADER ADD/DEL FILES page.
3. You can upload your clips using an FTP (file transfer protocol) program to your clips folder on your dedicated server space. CLICK HERE for how to use an FTP to upload new content.
After you decide on how you want to upload your content, then you can begin adding the clips to your store, which makes them live once you complete the form below. A new studio must have ten (10) unique clips with at least one (1) clip in the main category you chose for your store during the EDIT CLIP SITE set-up.
Once all ten clips have been added and activated to your store, staff will review your account for credit card processing. Please Note: You MUST always have at least ten (10) clips in your store to keep your billing active.
• Entering urls in the title field is forbidden.
Your clip titles should be unique to the clip you are posting (see above for example). Clip titles that use keywords are more popular than using some type of code only the clip producer understands. Not only do customers tend to click on and buy clips with a "catchy" they are also good for added searchability. When you create your clip titles, think about the story you will be writing in the clip description and try to incorporate the clip theme in the title.
For example, if you shoot a clip with a model named "Sally Martin" and it's a shoe dangle clip, a possible clip title could be:
• Sally Martin's Sexy Shoe Dangling in High Heels (mp4)
• Sally Martin's Sexy Shoe Dangling in High Heels, pt1 (mp4)
• Sally Martin's Sexy Shoe Dangling in High Heels, pt2 (mp4)
• Sally Martin's Sexy Shoe Dangling in High Heels, pt3 (mp4)
• Sally Martin's Sexy Shoe Dangling in High Heels, pt4 (mp4)
The above example clip title has a lot of searchable terms, such as the model's full name and the searchable term: Shoe, as well as the category names: Dangling and High Heels - both of which are fully searchable on the site.
• If you have a ready made HTML code, press this icon <> and paste the source code inside a form.
• URLs included in the description will not be displayed to customers until a studio has been active for over 14 days.
You MUST write at least three (3) full sentences for each clip description. You can write a storyline about the clip if you want as well, but remember it does have to have a minimum description.
When writing your clip description, remember that customers purchase clips based on the story/description you write as much as they do the GIF/JPG or clip preview.
Writing a clip description should have details around ONLY what is actually in the clip itself.
For example, if you have a clip that involves a sex act, but you broke it into parts and the clip you are describing (ex. pt2) doesn't have any foreplay, you should never say that it does. A customer can and will make a support ticket for a badly described clip if you state in the clip description that it contains something, but the clip itself doesn't. It can lead to a refund and you want to avoid that at all costs. Be clear and concise with what you say a clip contains with regard to the action in the clip itself.
• All content added to Clips4Sale must comply with the stated Content Rules and Terms of Service.
When choosing the clip category for your new clip, just remember that the clip must contain 90% of the selected fetish to be listed properly in the main clip category you select.
For example, if you have a smoking clip and the actor only coughs once during the entire clip but smokes a full cigarette in the clip, you can not put the clip in the COUGHING FETISH category. The clip could go into the SMOKING category though because 90% of the clip involves that fetish. Please be careful when choosing the main clip category so that your clip is displayed to the right customer's looking for that specific content. Mis-categorizing content will only hurt you in the long run and can cause customers to avoid your store and clips.
• Choose five (5) additional categories for your clip.
You can choose five (5) additional categories for each of your clips, again you should only choose categories which are represented in your clip so that customers are able to properly find your content or content related to whatever their interests are when searching.
For related categories you can break a clip down even further. For example, if your smoking clip features BLONDES, wearing HIGH HEELS, VINTAGE STOCKINGS, CHEWING GUM, and BLOWING BUBBLES - you can choose all of those as related categories as well to further categorize your clip and help offer your clip to customers searching on the site for specific content.
Keywords (Custom Keywords)
- These keywords (along with the description above) are checked when someone uses the Keyword Search in your store.
- Be sure to always add the models name to your custom keywords.
Adding custom keywords is a very important part of properly listing a clip on the site. Custom keywords drill down a customer search even further by allowing you to list an actors name, some specific fetish that isn't in the drop down list, or even your company / brand name (no URLs allowed and no emails allowed) so that customers searching for your content can easily find you.
• Upload existing edited files such as .mp4, .wmv, or choose a clip from the drop down.
• Clip file size must be no greater than 4GB.
• Clip file duration must be greater than 2 minutes.
• Clip file size must be greater than 1MB.
• Clips 10 minutes or less, should not be cut into parts. It's considered clip spamming.
• Clip file name may contain only alphanumeric (abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz 0123456789), hyphens, and underscores (e.g., my_vid_1432.mp4)
• Clips file names should NOT have any additional periods (e.g., myvid.1432.mp4)
• Minimum clip dimensions are 320X240
Here you will be able to either upload your clip from your computer or choose from the drop down any clips you have already uploaded and are waiting to be activated.
• Open Clip Preview Creator
CLICK HERE for a full explanation of how to use the CLIP PREVIEW CREATOR properly.
• Previews must be MP4 format with the following specs:
• MPEG-4/H.264 video and AAC audio
• File Name Example: preview_myclipname.mp4
• Max Preview Length is 60 seconds (anything longer will not upload)
• Max File Size is 50MB
• Custom Previews can be in HD (full screen)
Previews must meet the following criteria:
• MP4 format.
• Minimum preview dimensions are 320X240
• Minimum preview length is 5 seconds
• Max preview length is 60 seconds
• Max preview file size is 50MB
• File name example: preview_myclipname.mp4
• Custom previews can be in HD (full screen)
Optional - You do not have to upload your own preview, see the next section for a completely auto-generated preview of your clip.
The system can auto-generate a 30 second preview clip for you depending on the setting you have selected on the EDIT CLIP SITE page. If you have disabled previews, this will not be an option.
• Max image size is 80 MB
• Clip images are custom pre-made Animated GIF, JPG or PNG files 400x400 pixels maximum used for display with your clip update.
• We suggest Custom Clip Images should not be larger than 5MB in over all file size to assure that your studio loads quickly for all customers.
You do not need to make your own clip images, you can have the system automatically generate either a JPG or an Animated GIF image for your clips.
• Auto Calculated MINS
The system will automatically calculate the length (time) of your clip in minutes. You can use this section to verify the file has uploaded correctly, but you can not edit this field.
• Please Select Your Price
The standard and what most customers expect to pay for a clip is $1.00 per minute plus $0.99, so that if a clip is 5 minutes it would cost $5.99, if it was 20 minutes it would cost $20.99 etc. You do however have the opportunity to alter the cost of your clips either up (Max. $999.99) or down (Minimum $2.99* the minimum price is dependent on the size of the clip and scaled to have a minimum cost related to the size of the content being stored/served to a customer on download). NOTE: Some clips, depending on the clip size and length, will have a scaled minimum that will not go below a certain price point. For example, a clip that is 60 minutes long will only scale down to $15.99 as the lowest price it can be sold for and is a set minimum that can not be changed.
• Auto Calculated MB
The system will automatically calculate the size of your clip in megabytes (MB). You can use this section to verify the file has uploaded correctly, but you can not edit this field.
• Yes / No
If your clip does not contain any nudity, you can select this option and the clip will be displayed to customers specifically looking for non-nude content and it will also be displayed in countries where nudity is not allowed.
CLICK HERE for a full explanation of what Display Order is and how to use it properly.
Add In Members Site
• Make the clip available in My Members Area
• Please Note: When adding files to your members site there will be a delay while the files are being trans-coded.
Only check this box if you want your clip posted on a C4SLive member site. If you check this box off a member site will be automatically created for you and customers will be able to join to see multiple clips for the default price (if you have not already set-up and customized the member site). Please CLICK HERE to see your optional member site set-up.
• Check this box to make your clip appear in your store.
You have the option of adding clips and having them default to being active - immediately posted and available on your store or inactive - not posted giving you the option of going back to manually activate a clip. It is different from Future Activation in that there is no scheduled time for the clip to go live on your store, inactive clips will remain that way until manually added or a Future Activation date is set up for it to be auto-posted.
• Check this box to enable future activation at this date/time (see page header for current server date and time).
You have the ability to add clips based on a specific date and time that you pre-set once you fill out the ADD CLIPS form, the clip will be saved and posted on the date and time that you have pre-selected before saving the clip by clicking the final ADD CLIP button on the page.
ADD CLIP Button
Click the ADD CLIP button at the bottom of the page when you are ready to save your work and activate your clip or save it for future activation (or save it as not active).