GEO Block Now Allows You to Block States/Regions!
The GEO Block Tool lets you block countries and states/regions (where applicable) based on the location of the customers' IP address. Keep watching the admin messages, City GEO Blocks are coming soon! We will update you again once we have the city blocks are in place.
HOW TO ADD STATE/REGION BLOCKS
First, select the country you wish to block and then you can select specific states/regions within the country (if applicable to the selected country). This will create studio specific access rules.
- If you select to block the country you are residing in, you will also be blocked from accessing your own studio. You can access your studio by using a proxy IP located outside of your blocked countries.
- GEO Blocking a country will block all regular customers from that country from accessing your studio. Please be careful with how you use this tool, it will limit your traffic and customer visibility.
- If you have multiple studios, you will need to set up GEO Block rules for each studio you own
- To select multiple regions from the dropdown list, you need to hold the Command key (Mac) or the Alt key (PC) while making your selections
- Blocked countries and regions are removed from the Geo Block dropdown lists. If you don't see the Country/Region in the dropdown list, check the Active Geo Block list and remove any active blocks.
If you have any additional questions or need assistance, please contact support: https://support.clips4sale.com
We are excited to announce that we have just released the first GEO Block Tool for Countries, and we will be releasing additional types of GEO Blocks very soon! Thank you to all of our studio owners who have given us great feedback on the types of GEO Blocks you'd like to see implemented to give you greater control over your store and content.
GEO BLOCKING ONLY EFFECTS YOUR CLIPS4SALE STORE
The new GEO Block Tool lets you easily control who can and can not access your clip content by blocking countries. Just select the country you wish to block from the drop down list below to create store specific access rules.
GEO Blocking a country will block all regular customers from that country from accessing your store. Please be careful with how you use this tool, it will limit your traffic and customer visibility.
HOW TO ADD A COUNTRY TO THE GEO BLOCK TOOL and MANAGE ACTIVE GEO BLOCKS
- Log into your store admin: https://admin.clips4sale.com/login/
- Click on the GEO Block banner on the HOME page of the admin.
- On the SET UP A GEO BLOCK RULE tab, use the drop down to select the country you wish to block.
- Click the SET UP NEW GEO BLOCK button to create the new GEO Block rule.
- Once added, you will see be shown a confirmation message of the new GEO Block Rule you have created.
- To manage (Review or Delete) your active GEO Blocks, click on the LIST ACTIVE GEO BLOCKS tab.
- To delete a GEO Block simply click on: X DELETE
- All active GEO Blocks will display the Blocked Country and the date the block was added.
NOTE: If you have multiple studios, you will need to set up a GEO Block for each store you own.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact support: https://support.clips4sale.com